13 May 2012

Reflections on Mother's Day: Courage


Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is the quality which guarantees all others.

If I'd have to describe my mom in one word, it'd be "courageous."

I love that my mom has the courage to believe in God and keep her faith. She finds her strength in God--she's grounded, special, loving, caring, and honest. She has the courage to persevere and do what's right for her family. She has the courage to face all the struggles our family is going through.

My mother is headstrong and persistent. She doesn't give up on anything. My mom taught me many things but the single and greatest quality she taught me was courage. And she did that by simply living.

If she could teach me courage, then perhaps the one thing I want to pass on in this world... the highest achievement of my life... would be to also live a life that inspires courage.

The courage to...
  • go after your dreams
  • maintain a healthy lifestyle
  • overcome adversities
  • take chances
  • do something different
  • love
  • and love from a distance


Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment