20 May 2012

"520"

It is the 5th month, on its 20th day. In Mandarin, they say that these numbers are very special in the 520 combination because the way you pronounce those numbers sound very much like how you would pronounce "I love you." (你)

Add on the numbers 1314, and you modify it with "for a lifetime" or "forever." (一生一世)

I am simply loving the lyrics of this song. Every. Single. Word. I can relate to it so much...


我依然愛你   或許是 命中注定
多年之後   任何人都無法代替
那些時光是我這一輩子最美好的
那些回憶   教我如何忘記

I still love you, maybe it's fate
After many years, no one can replace you.
Those times together were the best times of my life
How can I forget all those memories?


You hear stories, y'know. A dear friend of mine is currently en route to a six-year relationship with his high school sweetheart, passing the five-year mark just this month. They were long distance for the duration of his undergraduate career. He, at Duke and she, at UCSD. They had their ups and downs but this year they graduated and he came back to start an awesome engineering job in Los Angeles. Come to think of it, they're not the only high school sweethearts I knew of that are still going strong!

This is the kind of story that give you so much faith in committing to love one another even from a distance.  I mean, how does that even happen? How does life not get in between those 100-1,000 miles? Well, I suppose the correct way to think of it here is that life does get in the way, but it's how you choose to deal with obstacles and how you grow together that counts. It's like my friend once told me, you have to focus on the present and being happy in the present. The end goals you are waiting for are nice, but that will never replace what you have now so treasure it!

Being apart while being in love is tough but you can still be happy. & I would think that the gratification of being in the same city while being in love is worth the wait... Good things don't come easy, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment