08 May 2012

Navigation: Summer Plans

What a day today! So you know those days where you feel like everything's going right for you? This was one of those days (except for an annoying group project but eh, let's not dwell on that, shall we?).

I'm excited to finalize my plans for the summer to do a research project on hyrogels in my professor's lab. I will be learning how to characterize crosslinking densities and other skills related to hydrogels.

Before finalizing the plans, I had gotten into a slump, wondering what I've been doing with my life, thinking I'm going nowhere and believing my dreams are further than I think. I was having one of those weeks where I felt like nothing was going right for me. But that just shows that emotional slumps are just matters of emotions and that they are not always a reflection of reality. Even if I was feeling really positive, I must absolutely be wary of complacency.

No matter what, I've got to keep dreaming. I've got to keep forging my own path. And stop fearing the future and keep trusting in God.


“If you wait to do everything until you're sure it's right, you'll probably never do much of anything.” -- Win Borden



Today, I also found out that the high school I attended (Oxford Academy) is ranked the number 1 public school in California as well as number 7 in the nation. That was a nice throwback moment when I found out. It made me proud of where I came from. But at the same time I have to remember: where you come from isn't necessarily an indicator of where you are and where you will be going. Only you are in control of that based on the decisions you make now and your attitude.

More than anything else, I believe it's our decisions, not the conditions of our lives, that determine our destiny.” -- Anthony Robbins
I also FINALLY bought tickets to go back home in August! Granted I'll only be in the US for 3 weeks, but I don't mind, seeing as I nabbed a USD$635 round trip ticket. I've marked the calendars for August 28th - September 16th! I'll probably be giving a recruitment talk for HKUST to one or two high schools, too. :D

Plenty of other stuff happened today but I'll just end it there. Time to get back to work!

I'm high on inspiration right now. >__<

Yes I can see it! Can just about make it:It's the light across the ocean.It must be a lighthouse calling my ship home.It's there to show me where I'm going.
Take me to home~

No comments:

Post a Comment