14 April 2011

The past hurts and the lessons you learn

So sadly I'm a victim of Disney and I believe in prince charming and happy endings. Well, sort of.

See, I messed up with the first guy I can count as a real love interest because of crazy depression issues. I had broken my knee and my track career had taken a downward turn. I felt like no one could understand me at the time and I didn't believe that even he did.

Then there was the person that understood me. And I lost him to jealousy, the green-eyed monster. I guess that speaks for itself.

Then there was my first boyfriend. What can I say? He didn't treat me like a princess. But we connected and could have done well as just friends. I guess you could say we went through the typical "make it to break it relationship." To be honest... I still feel bitterness that this relationship even happened.

The next was a traumatic hurt: Me being too nice to a guy who treated me like a princess that later became a crazy stalker...

The lessons I learned?:
  • Self-pity is bad
  • Jealousy is really a green-eyed monster
  • End a relationship you don't see working out, seriously
  • Any guy that treats you like a princess is a crazy stalker
  • Never be "too nice"
Love and relationships.... Why must you constantly remind me there's such thing as the real world?

No comments:

Post a Comment