20 November 2010

The Plane Ticket Home

After some heavy decision making, I delayed my flight home in order to attend REDbird's Leadership Development Camp. Paid US$100 (yikes) for the change fee.

I'm missing a week long snowboarding trip to Lake Tahoe and discarding the option of going to Myanmar for a service trip in January. They were both wonderful opportunities and the consideration that went into delaying my flight or going snowboarding/Myanmar was just too much stress on me. I've wanted to go snowboarding for as long as I can remember (Thanks, Johnny Tsunami.) and a week at Lake Tahoe isn't something that gets offered to you every year. Myanmar was an amazing service opportunity at an affordable rate thanks to REDbird's Financial Aid subsidies (US$300 for one week). And I'm missing them both...

There were a ton of factors that led to the decision. Too many. And too annoying to type out. So I'll spare you.


This winter's line up of exams and events:

Dec. 11 (final exam) Inorganic Chemistry
Dec. 13 (final exam) Physical Chemistry: Fundamentals & Applications
Dec. 14 (final exam) Introduction to Computer Programming
(final exam) Introduction to Biochemistry
Dec. 17 (final exam) Health Psychology
Dec. 21 First time advent to LKF (?)
Dec. 22-24 REDbird Leadership Development Camp (in the HK countryside of Sai Kung)
Dec. 25 CALIFORNIA, HERE I COME!
Dec. 27 Fullerton College Honors Alumni Reunion (maybe)
Dec. 27-Jan. 1 Church Semi-annual training in Anaheim

Feb. 7 Spring Semester starts! My winter holidays are ridiculously long ;D

NOTE: Although I find it exasperating and tiresome to have overly strict and overprotective parents, I know that it is a blessing from God in disguise. They made me who I am. And with that, I have the determination to become a better person.

*******
EDIT: OH MAN. I just realized... LESS THAN A MONTH UNTIL FINALS. LET THE STRESSING COMMENCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment