03 June 2013

30 Days of Blogging #1

I'm not one to update my blog every day; I don't even know if I'm capable of it, but Sitt tagged me and the month of June is probably going to be full of things to blog about so here we go.

Well, because of some issues with the financial aid office, I've had to delay my flight to the Philippines. That makes me sad because that means there's less time to meet my cousins. It's gonna be the first time I see my extended family on the "Villaroman" side. And if y'all know, besides Daniel at HKUST, I don't really know any others by my surname. In addition, my tita and her husband run a Muay Thai camp near Manila and it sounds like a lot of fun. I've always wanted to devote my time to fitness but have always been torn between that and academics. Alas...

After June 4th (moving day), my friend was nice enough to let me sleep over at her place in Tai Po Tsai. I know now, after packing everything, that I am not a pathological hoarder. I've had to throw away a bunch of notes and I've decided to donate a bunch of my books and clothes. To be honest, I am very happy to leave behind this life in Hong Kong. If there's anything I've learned it's to be thankful for what I have and where I am. I've learned the values of simplicity and focus. And, well, I'm pretty sure I'm ready for what life has to throw at me. Reflection on HK life to come... later...

My goals for this summer are:

- Get fit! (lose 10 lbs) I always make this goal... sigh... but I never get there. I suck.
- Get happy! This is easier said than done. I just need some clarity and a focused mind.
- Travel! in the U.S. of A.

Come with me on this 30 day blogging journey :).

Currently Reading:

reading material courtesy of CY

No comments:

Post a Comment