01 March 2013

Here comes the sun

In the midst of WWII's darkest hour, the famous words, "This was their finest hour" emerged. It was a beacon of radiotransmitted hope-- a mentality that preserved those plagued by the uncertainty of war.

Winston Churchill, with his speech, changed the outlook of a nation. Those words are powerful for powerful times. Still -

This landscape of war can also be microscopic- molecular, even, and Higgs boson-like.

As a final year undergraduate student, spring is the time when all my peers are looking for jobs and dealing with the weights of uncertainty. The uncertainty sticks as a frozen mallet. We forego doors that may never open again or desperately knock onto closed ones. We are lost in what might or might not come. And. In the midst of our darkest hours, we are bitterly tested. I fight my own internal wars- between "comfortable and easy" me and the me that wants to... well, be a winner.

Okay, I'm being overly dramatic. But in all seriousness....

Updates

  • Friends are always my beacon of hope. I miss you all! I'm rooting for you guys as I root for my own success. Wish you all the best in pharm school, med school, moving up in your job, landing that job, grad school, etc etc. Love, as always. We shall conspire to take over the world.
  • Ummm, need to get back into RESEARCH MODE, pronto. President's Cup is due to April 10th and our team only has one month to collect relevant data!!

Grad School Stuff

  • Rejected: Northwestern (March 1)
  • Interview: UCSF/Berkeley (March 5) - Super stoked about this interview but waaaayyy nervous, too. I want it bad, guys. I want it bad.
  • Accepted: UC Riverside (Feb 14) - An awesome offer! Seriously considering it.

 Notes to Self

  • I miss these fools.
  • I need to invest in professional photos ASAP.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment