09 April 2012

Neurobiology! And HK for the Summer

It's a great joy when I end up having one of the top scores in the class for my neurobiology midterm! People in the bio major told me it was going to be hard... so I'm glad going to classes actually paid off. Competing against the students that are actually in life sciences... it's made me realize that perhaps I was destined for a life science career. But I'm not complaining about taking chemical engineering right now. I'm convinced that it will be useful and it is the best fall-back option for me. I still want to be in physiotherapy research.

Second order of business... It feels like a stab when I tell my mom that I will probably need to stay in Hong Kong for the summer. I miss my family big time but I suddenly have to face a harsh reality right now. It's better to stay and do an undergraduate research project (in either nanoparticles or polymer devices for drug delivery). I still want to have an internship in the states. But alas...

No comments:

Post a Comment